29-10 Thomson Avenue, RM C760, FL 7, STE 11, Long Island City, NY 11101, United States
BotFactory is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer that is willing to work with an enthusiastic team, on the bleeding edge of technology for additive manufacturing of electronic boards. You will work in a friendly but challenging environment, as a key element of the R&D team.
As part of the Scrum team, you will have to design and develop specific parts and functionalities for our line of circuit printers. We expect you to work on the ideation, design and full fabrication of the devices, and the corresponding testing of your designs. You will also participate in the planning meetings, daily scrums and closure meetings.
You must have at least a B.S. in Mechanical Eng. / Robotics Eng. or equivalent. An M.S. in Mechanical Engineering is a plus. You will be working with CAD tools and our manufacturing partners to solve our current Mechanical challenges. If you are interested in this position, you should own the following skills:
- Sound Knowledge of Engineering Fundamentals
- Develop and Test Mechanical Prototypes
- Identify Potential Design Improvements
- Knowledgeable of Machining and other Fabrication Processes
- Analyze Test Results and Adjust Design if Needed
- Design Mechanical Device Projects
- Product Validation Experience
- Provide Cost Estimates for Materials, Equipment, and/or Labor
- Research Materials for Future Design Opportunities and Usage
- Test Building Materials
- Troubleshoot Equipment to Solve Problems
- Work to Improve and Maintain Existing Products
We expect you to have at least 5 years of professional mechanical design experience. We expect you to be familiar with CAD tools, but Solid Works 2017 is strongly desired.
If you feel you would be a good match for this role, apply now.