The factory reset allows you to reinstall the software running in the printer. We think of it as a last resource because it will clear all your configuration, but if you're ok with that, it's a safe process to follow.
The steps are:
- Turn off the printer
- Connect to the printer via Ethernet cable. Keep in mind the following conditions
- The printer willl need internet access.
- During factory reset the printer will request an IP address using DHCP. Static IP is not supported.
- Slowly move the head carrier left with your hand, or by turning the rod, to reach the left edge of the axis so that the left switch is pressed
- Slowly move the head carrier up with your hand, or by turning the rod, until you hit the top switch
- Place a head (any head) on the rail of the carrier. You don't need to connect it, just place it
- With one of your hands press both the right switch and the bottom switch on the head carrier
- Turn on the printer. (Without letting go the switches)
- Hold the switches down until the LED ring flashes green... then you can let go of the switches
- Fast Spinning WHITE: Entering factory reset
- Spinning YELLOW: Testing internet connection
- Steady RED: No internet connection found
- Spinning GREEN: Installing package
- Steady BLUE: Update done
The following picture shows the switches that need to be pressed for the printer to enter factory reset: